Deafness

     Hey guys! Since the main character of my movie is deaf and I am not, I've been looking into films and articles that talk about or demonstrate a deaf character in a leading role. Even Though, this opening film is really short, I would like to properly portray a community of people that are often underrepresented and sometimes misinterpreted, the deaf community. That's when I ran into the article "Deaf Culture in Hollywood," by Lydia Callis (you can find her article on this link). In her article, Lydia mentions a film called "Children of Lesser God" where the main character is deaf. Here is a trailer of that movie: 

     In here, the main actress proved that deafness does not make a character non-relatable to the hearing audiences. In fact, this film opened its audience's eyes to the wide range of engaging characters that deaf actors can portray. It is my goal to do the same through my film. 
Until then, Mafe. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Bloopers

Filming At My House

Editing