Filming At Markham Park

     Hey guys! So we went filming to Markham Park on friday 04/06/18 and captured pretty much every shot that I was planning on getting. As you may know from my previous post, the woman working at the park's entry booth was incredibly nice and agreed to both be filmed and say a few lines, including the name of my made-up park, which I will use as the name for my whole film (this name will be revealed along with the actual film opening later on). Earlier that Friday, I went to the park by myself to find the best place to shoot. Despite having to find a place that was both isolated from the general public and had a reasonable opening amongst the trees for the drone to fly up, finding this place was rather quick as I already had a hiking trail in mind, I just need to check it out to make sure that we could use it.
     Along the way, we ran into a problem with the drone, where it had ran out of battery. However, we solved that quickly since there was a small enclosed area with bathrooms nearby that also had a place to charge the drone. After waiting around 30 minutes, the drone was charged. I went with Lucia, playing the lead role Jackie, Cristina, playing Robin, and Lucia's brother-in-law who was in charge of the drone. Here is an image of me placing the fake blood on Lucia's right leg:


     One thing that was perfect was the lighting captured by the drone. In the drone, the shots look darker than they did in person, creating a scarier feeling to the shot, as it didn't just display Lucia completely alone in a park hurt, but also at a time where it was getting dark, leaving her even more vulnerable. The image below is an example of the darker lighting captured by the drone in comparison to the image above that was captured on an iphone. 


     Now, I just have to focus on the shots that I need to take still to complete the film. These missing shots will be taken at my house and hopefully it happens as scheduled. 
Until then, Mafe. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Bloopers

Editing

Filming At My House